Thursday, January 17, 2013

Golf - Fixing That Slice, Living In The Rough

On a golf course, those areas on either side of the fairways, the area my ball seems to gravitate to, is called the rough.  You ask any golfer "Why is it called the rough?", and I'm sure you'll get a reply that involves something about the grass is rough cut over there, or the grass is higher and unkept.  Without a doubt it will be something to do with the manicuring of the grass.

Perhaps the rough is called that because it is so rough to correct your swing to get that damn ball to travel straight.  Or perhaps it is just a rough neighborhood where all the bad balls hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment